About Our Chapter
The Colorado Gamma Chapter of Pi Beta Phi was installed on September 8, 1954. The installation took place in Colorado A&M (now CSU) in Fort Collins, Colorado. Lila Morgan, Pi Beta Phi alumnae and her husband (Colorado A&M President) William E. Morgan, gathered local
Pi Phi alumnae to encourage students to colonize the Colorado Gamma Chapter. A convention of Colorado alumnae met in 1953 to discuss colonization. By September 8, 1954, all colonization requirements were met and 15 women were initiated.
Today, the CO Gamma chapter of Pi Beta Phi is the biggest chapter on Colorado State University's campus with over 200 members. 47 women of Pi Beta Phi live in the chapter house at a time, still enjoying the sundeck and large backyard that has been treasured for generations. Formal recruitment, initiation, philanthropy events and other important events happen at the chapter house, creating memories and everlasting friendship.